Michael Song serves as the Chair and Managing Partner of the firm.
As Managing Partner, Michael leads the firm's Management Committee
which oversees the firm's management and strategic direction.
Mr. Song also leads the firm's white collar criminal defense and government
Mr. Song is known for his skilled and tenacious representation of individuals
and entities in criminal and civil investigations covering a wide range
of substantive areas and conducted throughout Colorado and the United States.
Mr. Song is a former federal prosecutor and experienced trial attorney.
As a federal prosecutor in Hawaii and Washington DC, Michael conducted
numerous investigations in the national parks and federal lands which
culminated in a Special Achievement Award from the National Park Service
in 2012. As a defense attorney, Mr. Song represents individuals in a wide
variety of complex criminal and civil matters, including white collar
criminal offenses. Mr. Song has also represented clients in both civil
and criminal fraud investigations and investigations pending with federal agencies.
Mr. Song has extensive experience in a wide variety of federal, state and
local criminal matters, including, but not limited to, securities fraud,
bribery and gratuities, tax fraud, immigration fraud, counterfeiting,
mail and wire fraud, bank fraud and money laundering.
Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Song served with distinction as
an Assistant United States Attorney in the District of Columbia and the
District of Hawaii. Throughout his years of service as a prosecutor, Mr.
Song handled more than 30 criminal trials and over 100 grand jury investigations.
Mr. Song also participated in several long–term criminal investigations
with specialized federal and state law enforcement task forces.
Mr. Song is a former Chief Deputy District Attorney for the City and County
of Denver and Assistant Attorney General for the Colorado Attorney General’s
Office. Mr. Song was the first Marijuana Attorney in the United States
to work in an Attorney General’s Office. He also served as a law
clerk to The Honorable Royce C. Lamberth of the U.S. District Court in
the D.C. Circuit.
Mr. Song graduated from the University of Texas with a juris doctorate
degree from the law school and a master's degree in public affairs
from the Lyndon B. Johnson School of Public Affairs. Michael earned an
M.B.A from Pepperdine University Graziadio School of Business and graduated
from the United States Military Academy at West Point.
Mr. Song is also active in his community. He currently serves as Co-Chair
for the Board of Directors at the Center on Colfax and Board Member for
the Center for Legal Inclusiveness. Mr. Song also serves as the Honorary
Consulate General of South Korea for the State of Colorado.
- State Bar of Colorado
- District of Columbia
MEMBERSHIPS & ORGANIZATIONS
- Honorary Consulate General - Republic of Korea, State of Colorado
- The Center on Colfax - Co-Chair
- The Center for Legal Inclusiveness - Board Member
- United States Military Academy, West Point, B.S., 1995
- Pepperdine Graziadio School of Business, M.B.A., 2000
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2005
- University of Texas Lyndon Baines Johnson School of Public Affairs, M.P.Aff., 2005
- U.S. Army, Active Duty Military, 1991 - 2001
- Law Clerk to The Honorable Royce C. Lamberth, United States District Court
for the District of Columbia, 2005 - 2006
- Assistant United States Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice, 2006 - 2012
- Office of the Colorado Attorney General, 2014 - 2017
- Denver District Attorney’s Office, 2017 - 2019
AWARDS & HONORS
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Achievement Award, 2012
- United States Secret Service Special Achievement Award, 2009 - 2012
- National Park Service Achievement Award, 2011 - 2012
- IRS, Criminal Investigations Achievement Award, 2012